Farming in Vietnam

Farming in Vietnam

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Little Hoi An Boutique Hotel

When I booked this hotel - months ago - I requested that in the 2 rooms we have a twin bed configuration.  

When we arrived, the gorgeous little lady (I seem to be calling everyone 'little'.  It's not meant to be patronising, it's just that compared to me - they are little.... tiny in fact) checked us in and showed us to our rooms.  We walked into Chris and Marie's room first and  spotted the mistake straight away.  I explained that I had booked both rooms to be twin beds.  She took hold of that situation and she was right on top of fixing it.  She rang downstairs to sort it out and we were all taken to the next floor up and Chris and Marie were again shown their room, which was fine.... then she showed us the other room for Jenny and myself.  She flung upon the door and did a big Adriana Xenidis - Wheel of Fortune display hands and said, 

"This is the best room in the hotel."  

I replied, "with one bed."  

She dropped her hands and said, "What?  You want twin beds too?"

So she rang down again to sort it all out.  She was so concerned that we weren't happy, but really, it has to be a first world problem if the only worry you having to share a bed, but she handled the situation beautifully, with pure professionalism and everyone was happy.

When we got into the room, me Jenny and I like to get the compendium out to read about what's on offer.

Here's what we found in the Rules and Regulations section:

1. Please do not cook, wash or iron in your room (pretty safe with that one)

2. Please do not take weapon, flammable and explosive substances, pets, foul things into the hotel (I can't make any promises with this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment