Farming in Vietnam

Farming in Vietnam

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Birthday Chrisso

posted by: Shell

With only 12 days to go until we embark on our much awaited journey, we stop for a brief moment to celebrate and wish Chris a very happy birthday for today the 8th of March.  

It's an extra special day because she gets to share it with her younger brother, Greg.  Are these two not the cutest kids ever.  Man, I loved the 70s!

Happy Birthday you big spunks!


On to Vietnam.......

So, we have all vowed to pack LIGHTLY this time.  I know I say this before every single trip.... "This time, I'm only packing lightly" - these are my famous last words that can be heard in the distance as I lug my overstuffed suitcase to the airport praying that it will come in under the 23kg limit and then wondering what the hell I will do when I buy something bigger than a fridge magnet.

  Some other famous last words are "Next time it will be different".  


Well this time - I swear to you all that it will be different and I will only pack what I'm going to actually need and then I'm going to repack and I'm going to take half of that stuff out. I'll be repeating this exercise until I have a realistic, non ridiculous amount of things..... and even then I may halve it again!

We all talked about it and it was thought a good plan to take 3 tops and 3 bottoms, so you can wear one outfit while you wash the other and then you have another as a spare = Wear....Wash....Spare!  This is going to be a difficult task for all 4 of the ladies on this trip - all notorious over packers, but we have vowed to definitely give it a go - (Marie, this means you as well!)


I'll let you know how we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment