Farming in Vietnam

Farming in Vietnam

Friday, March 13, 2015

Chop Chop.....

Post by: Marie

I can't use a chopstick.  
I have tried many, many times over the years and failed dismally. 
  • I've had Japanese businessmen attempt to teach me, and literally laugh at me for my lack of ability. 
  • Allister has tried several times of the years to teach me. 
  • Allisters mum has tried.
  • Shelley has also tried. 
All to no avail, I am just that un-coordinated when it comes to chop sticks.  Shelley and I visited the original Nobu Restaurant in January 2014, and they issued me with a 'training wheel' set of chop sticks.  Even though it had the fluro green training wheels visible for all to see, I was proud as punch that finally at 42 years of age I had joined the Chop Stick using fraternity.  I was on cloud 9 for that meal.
 
Shelley, bless her soul has since found this set of chopsticks for me, with a big ole training wheel attached.  I am in like Flynn.  Finally I have my own set of chop sticks that I can use like a 3 year old, how good is that?  The dilemma is do I take them to Vietnam or not?
 
I still have these gorgeous chop sticks (in their original packaging) I purchased in Japan in 1999 in the hope that one day, I would master the art of chop stick use.  I'm still waiting for that day!
 

2 comments:

  1. Marie - you MUST take them. They were purchased for that exact reason and I think if you can take 4.5kgs worth of medication, you probably have room for a little chop stick or two! :-) Shell

    ReplyDelete