Farming in Vietnam

Farming in Vietnam

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Blogger Number 3

Well reading through all these great blog posts I'm starting to feel a bit guilty as I have yet to contribute, so here goes.

Two days out from departure and I have two sick kids at home and a husband who has just gotten over 'man flu'.  I am dousing myself with vitamin C and anything else that may protect me from the floating lurgies but only time will tell and quite frankly - right now - ain't no body got time for that!  There is a plane to catch.

I'm departing 8am Friday morning to allow myself 11 hours to get to Perth International airport.  Yes the flight is only 1 hour, but regular flight delays out of Gero, means I need to start at this time in case I end up having to jump in a car and do the 4.5 hour drive to make the plane.

So - Vietnam - have never been and in all my years as a travel agent, have only sent a handful of people there.  I have stayed out of all of the planning this time around, which is quite a feat for me, and look forward to enjoying whatever these ladies have put together for me!   I'm told to expect great food, shopping, a bit more food, beautiful people, more food and great scenery - so i'm expecting an awesome holiday!  I have yet to actually 'eat' any Vietnamese food though so fingers crossed I do actually like it.

I have managed to pack a little more lightly in the toiletries department than MLD, and also in the photography department than SB - and i'm working hard on my biggest downfall - electronic devices and chargers.  I am attempting to travel only with phone, iPad and camera this time to lighten the load - fingers crossed.  I have enough mosquito repellent, arm bands, stick on patches and bag hangers with me that in the event i do end up with Dengue Fever, bravo to the mozzie - he surely deserves a win for his efforts.

I have both sets of our wonderful parents about to take on the mothering duties while i am away and i am forever grateful - they are all incredible people and allow me to sneak off with these girls when i can!   Finally goodbye to my beautiful boys - Nigel,, Koji and Tommy will miss you like mad - see you in a few weeks time  xx





No comments:

Post a Comment