Farming in Vietnam

Farming in Vietnam

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hot..... Damn Hot!

I know you're probably sick of me telling you how hot it is here.... just we've only just now realised that we have come to Cambodia at the HOTTEST time of the year.  That means that we had 11 other months to choose from that would have been cooler.  Talk about a rookie mistake, except that we're not rookies.  We're seasoned travellers with research skills to the back teeth and yet we still overlooked how effin' hot it was going to be!

We arrived in Cambodia last night and were met by a gorgeous little 20 year old chap by the name of Wichard.  He has been learning English since primary school and now teaches it in his village.  He was so sweet and just couldn't do enough for us.  He didn't even raise an eyebrow when he offered us a drink in the car and me Jenny and I opted for the cold beer.

Originally we had booked into a hotel that was recommended by my Aunty Alison and Uncle Bill - The Golden Temple Hotel, but a few weeks before we left Perth I got an email saying that they'd 'upgraded' us to The Golden Temple Residence.  Not only that, but they were offering us a complimentary massage each and a dinner and for 3 - Bonus!

It was my turn to get to share a room with Marie, so Jenny had her own room, which was lovely..... then when they showed us ours, it was also lovely, however it was as hot as hell.  We played with the air-conditioning for a bit but it didn't help.  I called the front desk who said that they would check it out whilst we headed out for dinner.

On our return, they said that maintenance had fixed the aircon.  We went upstairs and because we were hot, we couldn't tell if the room was hot or not.  I had a cold shower and sat in my nightie and within 2 minutes I was sweating and in need of another shower.  


I called the front desk again and without hesitation, Sophia (who was on her first shift with the hotel) organised us a different room.  She insisted we go up and see it first to make sure we would be happy.  So off we trundled - me in my nightie to look at the room.  It was great, except that it only had one bed.  Before we could say "could we have another bed please" another bed had been organised.  So back we trundled, packed all our stuff, moved it upstairs to our new digs. More showers were had and Marie relaid out all her bathroom accessories and after about 20 minutes we had to turn down the air conditioner.


So, today when we got up, we planned to check out the town, but we made it to the market, looked around for about 20 minutes and then had to come back for fear of passing out on the street.  We hit the pool and didn't leave until we were shrivelled and it had cooled down significantly.




No comments:

Post a Comment